Your Ranked Rush Server and EA Rules of Conduct for BF3

Your Ranked Rush Server and EA Rules of Conduct for BF3

Postby pcgumshoe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 am

Hello,

I have played on your severs a couple times with several of my associates from our gaming community. They seem to like your Rush server due to the location of the server in proximity to our members and the acceptable ping that it allows for all our players.

Now, what I'm about to say may start a flame war and I'm sorry it is not the intention. This is primarily addressed to the Owners/Administrators of the server, not your members at large. Now, a little background first.

I believe that there are parts of this game (and others) where there SHOULD be a limitation of the use of certain kits (i.e. sniper). This is obvious in certain maps where a team gets frustrated and bogs down with all sniper rifles. I abhor this as it makes for bad game play. Limiting the amount of sniper kits available, I feel, would be a wonderful addition to this game (caveat, see below).

Next, I don't use mortars very much (maybe 6 times the whole game). So, I'm not a "mortar whore." I am not coming here with an agenda where I feel that I'm being unfairly punished.

Enjoyment of the game. To me, when somebody says (and types it in BOLD across the screen) that you cannot use a piece of equipment that is provided in the game (as long as it is not a glitch) I find this disruptive and obsessive and affects the overall gameplay.

Now to my reason for posting today:

While playing today I saw the message scrolled across the center of my screen: "MORTARS=KICK" To which I typed out, "'Mortars=Kick' seems to be a dumb rule." I was immediately told that if I didn't like it that I should leave the server. Well, if I was playing by myself, I gladly would have left sooner than somebody saying something because I don't like that type of Admin abuse (I clarify this in a moment). Then I typed my response (I'm paraphrasing, I'm sure you'll check it), "I just can't see how you can be a ranked server and allowed to prohibit a piece of equipment that is part of the game."

That was pretty much it, nobody kicked me and nobody really took it any further (never mind the comment, "coming online to argue is dumb," the commenter makes an argument against his/herself).

Now to the Admin Abuse. Feeling a little upset about this (as I see it on a lot of servers) I decided to do a little research and guess what? I'm absolutely correct about what I felt and said. In accordance with the EA Rules of Conduct for BF3:
Ranked Server Administrators:
If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield 3 server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.
Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

Running knife / pistol-only servers
Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

The complete Rules of Conduct can be found here:

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-rules-of-conduct

Now, I have not reported you and I'll gladly hear any defense (please no flame) that you think may permit this if you feel necessary to chime in, and I'd suggest that only admins of your servers do the speaking for the server, not the regular members.

I'm not mad at any of you. I have an enjoyable time playing with my teammates on your server and we even take the time (if we spot any) to report cheaters to make everybody's experience more enjoyable.

What is not enjoyable is when aiming down my sight to try and take out a bad guy and right in the middle of the shot I get these constant messages "MORTAR=KICK" and the such. It is disruptive and it is over-kill for an Admin to have to police something that is clearly not a violation of the rules. His taking action to prevent the use of mortars (or any other kit), however, is in violation of the rules and I thought that you should be aware of it and hopefully remove the restriction so the game can be played as it should be.

Again, I think that the LIMITATION OF EQUIPMENT surely should be a permissible issue, however, it MUST be an implementation of the creator of the software, not at the purview of the administrator.

Should you wish to exempt me from your servers for this observation and clarification, my in-game name is xxYENxx

Thank you for your attention to this matter and I hope you are not upset with me.
pcgumshoe

Re: Your Ranked Rush Server and EA Rules of Conduct for BF3

Postby pcgumshoe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 am

Apology, this might have been intended for another group with a similar name, but if it helps you, GREAT!
pcgumshoe

Postby Black » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 am

Hi welcome on our forums, now I haven't read the whole thing you wrote down, but the title says enough "Your ranked rush server"

We don't have anny servers running on BF3 annymore.
Not on anny game at this point.
If you go to http://jointoperations.org/servers.html you'll see there is no active server in there.
So I fear you will have to look a bid further.

Now this isn't the first time someone comes in and says we kicked somebody from a server, while we don't have one running.
So I'm geussing you should go to this website http://www.armyofmuppets.com/, they are running 2 servers called joint operations. Also we are a european clan, these servers are hosted in the USA.

Annyway hope you can clear it out with the correct ppl, and sry that you had to write so much for nothing.
(V)_(°,,,°)_(V)
Black

Postby Confusion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 pm

pcgumshoe wrote:Apology, this might have been intended for another group with a similar name, but if it helps you, GREAT!

Hey pcgumshoe
no harm here, as Black said we had alof of players here telling similar storys and im kinda
shocked those armyofmuppets.com still are allowed to run there server.
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear- not absence of fear.
Confusion

Postby pcgumshoe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah, I found their website and posted the same there and they think they are above the rules so I reported them to EA and I'll let them deal with it...

Again, sorry for the name confusion. Hate it when people steal good people's names. Happened to our group a couple of times which is why we don't run any servers now.

Good Day!
pcgumshoe

Return to Battlefield 3